Friday, July 30, 2010

The Season of Risks (Ethical Vampire #3) by Susan Hubbard

Rating 4/5

Facebook is run by vampires!

I really like this series. It's written in a more lyrical way than most in the genres (urban fantasy, young adult). I listened to the first two books of the series on audiobook, which was a fantastic treat. I don't normally like audiobooks, but the narrator was amazing, and Hubbard's sensually descriptive style suits the format. So I was slightly hesitant to read this one on paper, afraid my enjoyment would change. The experience was different, but no less rewarding.

Although there were a few things in this book that struck me as inexplicably absurd, I was willing to overlook them. Hubbard creates a misty sense of mystery with her writing that is compelling and addictive. I highly recommend this series to anyone who likes the genre.

See my review of The Society of S (Ethical Vampire #1) by Susan Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment