Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris

Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse #10)

by Charlaine Harris


Rating: 2.5/5

I suppose that if I was a zillionaire and knew that people would buy up my book no matter what, I wouldn't bother putting much effort into it either. Half the words in this story were spent on reminding us of things from the previous nine books, and another quarter were spent on totally random things that really had no bearing on anything. It's like Harris just sat down and wrote it in one shot, packed it up and sent it off to the printers. I think she mentions every single character that appeared in all of the previous books, and updates us on their current status. Obviously, there wasn't much actual story to this book. It was so haphazard I couldn't really figure out what the main plot of the book was until the very end. And let me just say that I liked True Blood's version of the story of Eric's maker much more than Harris'.

Overall, a lackluster effort. Perhaps Harris is bored with the world she created?

See my reviews of:
Dead Until Dark (#1)
Deadlocked (#12)
Dead Ever After (#13)

No comments:

Post a Comment