Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) by Orson Scott Card

Rating 3.5/5

I'm not quite sure how to rate this book yet. I'm leaning towards 3.5 stars. I was irked in the middle section of the book, when Ender was in Battle school. In the introduction, Card says the Battle Room was his "great idea", and while I think that zero-G laser tag sounds like fun, I can't see what practical use that kind of training could possibly have in real war situations. There was no infantry battles in the final war, let alone in zero gravity, and the idea that there could be seems to me absurd. Thus, the battle school training really bothered me since it seemed like there was little reason for it except as a literary device and Card's love of the idea. But once Ender was out of battle school I enjoyed the book much more.

Ender's Saga Reviews:

Ender's Game (#1)
Speaker for the Dead (#2)
Xenocide (#3)
Children of the Mind (#4)

No comments:

Post a Comment