Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Witching Hour (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #1) by Anne Rice

Rating: 3.5/5

It's hard to rate a book that leaves you with powerful feelings at the end, but was not that great most of the way through. In fact I found it very difficult to get into this story at all, and it took me probably 300 pages to feel like I wanted to finish it. Something about the history at the beginning felt very tedious, though I did become much more interested in it in the middle, when it actually meant something to characters I'd come to care about. Regarding the end, I can see why Rice had to write it that way, but I hated it. I hate Rowan for what she did, and I hate Michael for being such a beautiful idiot. I have a feeling I will either read the next book right away, or it may be a very long time before I can bear to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment