Friday, October 26, 2012

Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs

Rating 2/5

I have mixed feelings about this series. On the one hand, I feel compelled to read it, and I'm not sure why. Maybe just curiosity? Because I don't like Mercy that much and I have a lot of problems with the story-telling. I will admit the third quarter of this book was compelling, but is 25% really enough to justify the other 75%? Logic says no. I REALLY don't get why so many people think these books are so great. There's so much telling instead of showing, and so many genre clich├ęs. So I ask myself, why do I want to read the next one?

See my review of Moon Called (Mercy Thompson #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment