Thursday, October 18, 2012

Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs

Rating 2.5/5

Meh. It started off alright, but became convoluted and overburdened with too many characters and too much explaining. And the plot conclusion was disappointing, I just didn't believe that the "perp" would go to those lengths for that motivation. I mean there had to be an easier way to achieve his goal without involving so many other people in a giant conspiracy. Mercy reminded me of every other female protagonist in this genre - prideful, stubborn, reckless, self-blaming (Rachel Morgan anyone?) It's sad that all the heroines in this genre are the same woman with different paranormal gifts. I MAY try the next book in this series to see if it improves, but first I need to get over my disappointment and read something I know will be good.

See my review of Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson #2)

No comments:

Post a Comment