Thursday, March 28, 2013

Heart-Shaped Bruise by Tanya Byrne

RATING: 4/5

I enjoyed this book. I thought the suspense was very well-done - we are given just enough information throughout the book to keep the plot moving, to keep us wanting to know what happened, and no more. Some books don't tell you enough, and you become annoyed, some books tell you too much and lose steam - this one struck just the right balance for me. But alas, after all that drawn-out build-up, the ending was actually kind of anti-climactic. And I was also disappointed we never found out what happened to Emily in the end. How did the trial go? Where did she end up? Did she turn out okay? We'll never know, unless Byrne decides to write a sequel. I'm not sure how likely that is. It will depend on how well this book does, what kind of pressure she gets from her publisher, and whether Byrne would even consider it. I'm not saying I want a sequel, but if there is one, I'd read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment